Read about our commitment to ensuring the privacy of your information. If you can't find the information you need, please use the Make an Enquiry page or phone 1300 13 9999 and get help from a Customer Service representative.
Harris Technology is a Coles Group Limited business. Coles Group Limited businesses highly value the strong relationships we have with our customers. Often these relationships have been built up over many decades and with generations of the same family. The gradual introduction of data collection technology at Coles Group Limited will be handled with full and proper respect for the privacy of our customers.
To protect your privacy, you can visit Harris Technology's site without identifying yourself or having to reveal any information about yourself.
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
- When you place an order you will be asked for the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, delivery address and any special delivery instructions and phone number. We may share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of your order. For example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that delivers your order.
- Harris Technology is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to prosecute.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you log on to our site, we will ask you your e-mail address and user ID, which is usually your name.
- If you belong to a participating Club, we may send information about specials we are offering to Club members. We may ask for information which identifies you as a club member. There will be an option to unsubscribe to such information, if you do not wish to receive it.
- We have specials and clearance emails available to make your shopping and purchasing experience easier. Should you decide to subscribe, we will send you your requested information from time to time. You may unsubscribe at any time. Subscription to this service is optional and free.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our Website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
- Our site contains links to other sites. Harris Technology is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
- By default all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared with anyone else.
Coles Group Limited was involved in the development of and fully supports the 'National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information' launched in February 1998. As part of these principles, customers who do not want to receive marketing offers through the mail or on the internet can contact us on 1800 455 400.
As the Federal Government introduces new privacy legislation - Coles Group Limited's privacy policies will be reviewed and updated as appropriate.
More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
For credit card transactions, Harris Technology adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. So, when using an SSL capable browser, shopping on Harris Technology's website is the safest kind of transaction possible with a credit card.
Harris Technology has found that attractive, graphics-rich emails are a quick, effective and low-cost way to communicate with customers and prospects about new high tech products, clearance and auction items. We maintain an opt-out, user-customisable subscription service of email addresses of people requesting promotional emails.
We do not want to send emails to you if you would prefer not to receive them. Therefore, every email provides a way for you to unsubscribe from future emails. In addition, you can visit our Subscription Centre to manage your subscription. We also have administrative procedures in place to remove email addresses and domains that consistently send failure messages to our email servers.
Changes to your contact, invoice and delivery details can be made using the Account section of ht.com.au.
Subscribing, unsubscribing or changing your subscription preferences can be made using the Subscription Centre available anyone with a Harris Technology account.