HP Inc. is continuing to push the evolution of its business notebook portfolio with the launch of a new convertible, the HP Elite Dragonfly, featuring a fresh design and enhanced performance.
The Elite Dragonfly also offers expanded battery life and a number of advanced security solutions for business users.
Design and portability
HP is seeking to have the Elite Dragonfly stand out from the rest of its premium commercial notebook lineup with a new design, featuring a CNC-machined magnesium body and an iridescent "dragonfly blue" color. The design also provides a high degree of portability: HP is touting the Elite Dragonfly as "the world’s lightest compact business convertible," with a starting weight of just under a kilogram. That's well below the weight of most HP Elite series notebooks, such as the EliteBook x360 1030 G6, which weighs 1.25kg.
Battery life and performance
Another standout feature of the Elite Dragonfly is its battery life, which HP says is the “world's longest” in a 13-inch business convertible.
The company promises up to 24.5 hours of battery life per charge on the notebook. Available battery capacities include a four-cell, 56.2 WHr battery, as well as a two-cell, 38 WHr battery.
On performance, the Elite Dragonfly offers choices of processors from Intel's eighth-generation "Whiskey Lake" series. The options top out at the Core i7-8565U (quad core, up to 4.8GHz) with Intel vPro technology. Configurations with Core i3 and i5 are available, as well.
The notebook is also "verified to the target specification and key experiences of Intel’s 'Project Athena' innovation program," HP noted in its press release.
Additionally, the Elite Dragonfly features Wi-Fi 6 connectivity along with optional gigabit-class LTE to enable workers to remain continually connected with the device. The notebook is "the world’s first business convertible with 4x4 LTE antennas," HP said.
Display And Keyboard
The Elite Dragonfly includes a 13.3-inch convertible touch screen, with choices between FHD and 4K resolution. The display features durable Gorilla Glass 5 and an option for 1000 nits of brightness with the FHD model.
HP also says the keyboard has been redesigned for the Elite Dragonfly to eliminate clicking sounds. Meanwhile, the notebook includes a new touchpad with "ultra-smooth" performance, the company said.
Among the security capabilities included in the Elite Dragonfly is Sure Sense, HP's recently introduced security software that can block unheard-of malware using artificial intelligence. Sure Sense uses deep-learning technologies to learn what malware looks like and shut the threats down instantly, HP says.
Other key security features include Sure Recover, which allows an image to be restored even without internet connectivity, and an optional HP Sure View integrated privacy screen on the 1000-nit FHD model.
Work with peace of mind
• Security features from HP work together to create an always on, always-acting, resilient defense. From the BIOS to the browser, above and below the OS, these constantly evolving solutions help protect your PC from threats.
• Instantly block prying eyes’ ability to view your screen with optional HP Sure View Gen3 that reduces visual light when the screen is viewed from the side making it appear dark and unreadable.
• Never wonder if someone is watching you with the added peace-of-mind that comes from the built-in HP Privacy Camera, with an integrated physical shutter to protect from malicious surveillance.
• Malware is evolving rapidly, and traditional antivirus can’t always recognize new attacks. Protect your PC against never-before-seen attacks with HP Sure Sense, which uses deep-learning AI to provide exceptional protection against advanced malware.
• Your “office” can be where you need it, letting you connect almost anywhere with optional support for gigabit-class 4G LTE wireless broadband technology with 4x4 antennas.
• The portability of your PC and the reliability of a fast connection determines where you can work. Get a fast and reliable connection in dense wireless environments with gigabit-speed Wi-Fi 6.
• When you’re away from the office, the sleek ultralight HP Elite Dragonfly is ready every step of the way. With long battery life, you can plan your next move and close the deal.
• Capture ideas and annotate documents with the high-pressure sensitivity and lowactivation force of the optional HP Rechargeable Active Pen G3. It sends a proximity alert if it’s left behind.
• Make health measurable and actionable at work with HP WorkWell. Designed to coach you to take breaks, exercise, and to provide productivity tips. This app recommends healthy habits personalized to you.
• Technologies in the optional UHD HDR 400 panel help improve your 4K viewing experience by increasing the contrast between light and dark images. The result is an image that most resembles the view in a natural state
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64
Processor family: 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Processor: Intel® Core i7-8565U (quad core, up to 4.8GHz)
Display13.3" diagonal FHD IPS eDP + PSR BrightView WLED-backlit ultraslim direct bonded touch screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5, 400 nits, 72% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
MDA key selling pointWindows 10 Pro or other operating systems available
Management featuresHP Driver Packs; HP System Software Manager (SSM); HP BIOS Config Utility (BCU); HP Client Catalog; HP Manageability Integration Kit Gen3
EnvironmentalLow halogen; TCO 8.0 Certified
Security managementAbsolute persistence module; HP DriveLock and Automatic DriveLock; HP Secure Erase; Power-on authentication; Preboot authentication; TPM 2.0 embedded security chip shipped with Windows 10 (Common Criteria EAL4+ Certified); HP Sure Click; HP Sure Start Gen5; HP Sure Run Gen2; HP Sure Recover Gen2; HP BIOSphere Gen5; HP Sure Sense; 32GB eMMC Onboard Sure Recover module (optional)
MemoryMaximum memory 16 GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM
Internal Storageup to 512 GB Intel® PCIe® NVMe™ QLC M.2 SSD with 32 GB Intel® Optane™ memory H10
Graphics (integrated): Integrated: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (Support HD Decode, DX12, and HDMI 1.4b.)
Ports: 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (charging); 1 Thunderbolt™ (USB Type-C™ connector); 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 External Nano SIM slot for WWAN (HDMI cable sold separately.)
Webcam: 2 MP FHD webcam with integrated dual array digital microphone, maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080
Audio: Conexant CX3601 codec, 2 W internal stereo speaker, headset and headphone side port (3.5 mm), multi-streaming capable
Keyboard: USB Business Slim Wired Keyboard
Network interface: Intel® XMM™ 7360 LTE-Advanced Cat 9; Intel® XMM™ 7560 LTE-Advanced Pro Cat 16; Intel® AX200 Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5
Power: HP Smart 65 W USB Type-C™ adapter
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 30.43 x 19.75 x 1.61 cm
Weight: Weight Starting at 0.99 kg (Weight will vary by configuration.)
Warranty: 3 year
10 or less units in stock
*Our stock is a mix of Supplier and HT Stock.
All shipments are subject to our standard delivery policy.
Images may differ slightly from actual product
- 8th Gen Quad Core i7-8565U (1.8 GHz, up to 4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- 13.3" Full HD touch screen
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 Combo(MU-MIMO supported)
- 16GB RAM